SOLVE BY FORMING EQUATION 2
SOLVE BY FORMING EQUATIONS 2
Solve the following word problems by solving equations.Example:
1. What number gives 234 when you multiply the number by 45 and then divide it by 20.Answer: Let the number be N.
1. What will be the number in the start box?
3. Jacob who is 12 years old, is 3 times as old as his brother. How old will Jacob be when his brother’s age doubles?
4. Find the number that should be placed in the box?
7. Find the missing number?
8. Find the missing fraction?
9. A tailor had a piece of cloth 8m long. He cut them into 3 smaller pieces each of length m from it. How much of the cloth is left with him?
10. What number gives 452 when you multiply the number by 4 and then divide it by 16?