SOLVE BY FORMING EQUATION 1
SOLVE BY FORMING EQUATIONS 1
Solve the following word problems by solving equations.Example:
1. What number gives 234 when you multiply the number by 45 and then divide it by 20.Answer: Let the number be N.
1. String A is 25 cm long. It is 5/7 of string B. What is the total length of the
2. Saira was told to multiply 126 by 32. Instead, she multiplied 126 by a number, and so the original answer becomes 1134 greater than her answer. Find the number?
3. Find the number in the start box?
4. Find the weight of 10 balls?
5. What must be added to 124978 to make it 1000000?
7. John is 36 years old. His son is 8 years old. The age of John, his wife and their son add up to 77. Which equation could be used to determine how old is John’s wife is, if N = John’s wife’s age?
8. The product of a number and 712 is X. Adding 62 to X gives 7894. Find the number?
9. I think of a decimal number. If I multiply it by 2, then add 1.5 and then divide it by 3, then I get 3.5. Find the number?
10. The Length of a string is 75 cm. The length of another string is 20 cm more than double of first string. What is the total length of both the strings?