Subscribe to our Newsletter
STRUCTURE OF LEAVES
· Leaf bears a stalk with which it is attached to the stem. It is called as petiole.
· The flat part of the leaf exposed to light is called as lamina.
· Thin structure which extends from the leaf base to the tip on the lamina is called as mid-vein.
· Arrangement of veins on the lamina of the leaf is called as venation.
· Veins help in transportation of food and water.
The lowers side of a leaf has many tiny holes. Plants breathe through these tiny holes. These holes are called stomata(singular stoma).
Stomata can be seen with the help of a microscope.
MODIFICATIONS OF LEAF