FEATHERS OF BIRDS
As we know, birds are the only creatures with feathers on their bodies. Different birds have different types of feathers. The feathers covering the body of a bird are of three types – flight feathers, body feathers and down feathers.
- Flight feathers help a bird to
- They are much stronger and harder than other feathers.
- They are found in the tail and wings of a bird.
BODY FEATHERS:Body feathers give a certain shape to the bird. They cover the body.
- Down feathers keep the bodies of birds warm.
- They are very minute, hairlike, soft and fluffy.